This is my first entry into the blogging world....Thanks to one of my friends (P)....I too finally got hooked up with it....It is all about writing what you feel..and expressing yourself..which I'd always love to...I've been all busy today...trying to gain pace in my research...and then ironically...I got my blogger account today after so many months of procrastination.
Now for today's part...a remark that my friend made got me thinking...I should be excited that I m going back home for a month or so...but still that nervousness of having to complete the undone work dominates me most of the time....that excitement should be impel me to finish up my work....but lo...it is just the opposite here...the very thought of research dampens my vacation mood and makes me feel guilty...good that I realized it and thanks to L for putting it across....otherwise I'd be like this forever...Now that I have realized I can find out ways of correcting myself.
There are times when I try to be a perfectionist(I've tried to be one all my life..not that I've succeeded any time ;-))...But you know what...Perfectionism is not a solution, it is a problem...One needs to have the skill to differentiate between what you need to do and what you would like to do if you had all the time in the world...Perfectionists choose the second path and in the end wind up exhausting themselves and others who work with them too.
So Lesson For today WORK HARD but THINK SMART
Thursday, November 9, 2006
My First Entry
Posted by
priti
at
6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said on Perfectionism..little do everyone realise that perfection is just a state of mind and does not reflect on your state of being.
good to see u in blogspace, and u do sing really well.
Hey Deepak thanks...good to see you here...:)
Post a Comment